Syncing problem with outlook to S6 MM Android version, how can I sort this out?

A

AC Question

Syncing problem with outlook to S6 MM android version

Does anyone know how to solve the Outlook Sync in Smart Switch to S6 Marsh Mellow.

My S6 upgraded to MM and My Sm and Switch to V 4.1.16etc on my desktop pc W7.

Its runs very slowly, 2-3 hours and in the end there is an error message and shuts down.

IS Smart Switch going to sort this out or amd I wasting my time?

Gerda van Loo

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I seem to have solved the problems! Although I do not understand exactly how.

First, I removed the Week Calendar app since it did not sync. Then I added the Digical calendar. Since I also had problems with emailing from one account as the smtp server details had to be different for WIFI and for 3G (different providers). I tried the smtp.gmail.com solution, but it only worked for one account.

So I decided to only use the gmail app (with the non-gmail accounts added, also through the 'alias' method).

Somehow in that process, my outlook.com account on which I synchronise my Outlook PC application calendar got connected to the gmail app with incoming server: i-map-mail.outlook and outgoing server: smtp-mail.outlook.com port:587 and safety type: STARTTLS. For the incoming server, with verification needed (using the Microsoft account with outlook.com account).

I had almost given up on the whole calendar syncing issue, but decided to check once more (now in the Digical app) whether any synchronisation took place. And you know what: the synchronisation worked again. Now I have installed Week Calendar again and also that synchronises (very fast even).

I guess the synchronisation now goes through a connection between the outlook.com account via gmail and then to the google/Android calendar.

I am glad that it works, but still Microsoft and Google (and Samsung) should make this synchronisation easier by suppling good guidelines for how to organise this. Maybe a suggestion to Microsoft: make an app that creates the right account details at the start.

Note: I still have a Microsoft Exchange Active Sync account as in the past these proved necessary for automatically syncing contacts. Maybe this is not necessary anylonger, but also for this: a proper guideline from Google, Samsung and Microsoft on this would be heartily welcomed!

I would appreciate when other users of Android phones would share their solutions to syncing of the Android phone calendar and their Outlook PC and outlook.com calendars!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49