Deleting Nine Exchange account from device

Needkeys

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently tried Nine and, while a very solid program, there are conflicts with the LED app I use on my device. I want to delete the account and go back to using the native Samsung email. To do this, I would normally go to the device settings...accounts...select Nine...and delete the account. Problem is, when I try that, I'm told that I need to do a total factory re-set (and thus lose all of my device data) because there are other apps that use Nine (I assume they're talking about my contacts and calendar apps). If I have to do that, this little test is going to cost me hours and hours of time. Frustrating would be an understatement. How do I delete the Nine account, go back to the regular email client (where I would have to re-enter the exchange credentials), without having to do a factory reset?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it's asking you to factory reset your device? I'm trying to remove my account (which I won't do, so can't speak for what happens next) and the warning I'm seeing pertains only to the Exchange account in question. It reads: REMOVING THE ACCOUNT WILL DELETE ALL OF ITS MESSAGES, CONTACTS, AND OTHER DATA FROM THE DEVICE. CONTINUE?

This tells me it'll delete all data pertaining to such account, which is pretty logical and expected, not that it will wipe out all data from my phone.

You should also be able to just uninstall Nine and re-link your Exchange account to the stock e-mail app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance