Double Lock Screen after Marshmallow update...

Status
Not open for further replies.

green mtns rider

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and installed earlier this afternoon. Played around for a few minutes and the phone seems faster for sure. One thing thats bugging me is there are now 2 lock screens. I have to swipe the 1st screen, then enter my pin on the 2nd screen. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Im on verizon, if that helps.

Im also reading the update was recently pulled by verizon on both AC comments and also Reddit threads. Whats up?

Last edited:

djm1947

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine also requires a swipe before I and use the pattern lock. Prior to the update would go directly to the pattern lock.

blevitt3

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
My trusted places on Smart Lock doesn't seem to work...is requiring fingerprint or PIN to unlock.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sparky1306

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Same issue on mine. Swipe up, then enter password, pattern, or code. I switched to fingerprint reader as that essentially bypasses both lockscreens (press the home button and keep your finger on it until it unlocks). Not a solution, but I prefer it over two lockscreens.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded and installed earlier this afternoon. Played around for a few minutes and the phone seems faster for sure. One thing thats bugging me is there are now 2 lock screens. I have to swipe the 1st screen, then enter my pin on the 2nd screen. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Im on verizon, if that helps.

Im also reading the update was recently pulled by verizon on both AC comments and also Reddit threads. Whats up?

Did you figure out what the issue was?

Tyler Melancon

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
This is the most annoying update in the history of mankind. Can someone please post if they have a solution. I see some people on the threads are stating they have solutions and they no longer have two lock screens but they arent posting the steps to achieve this which leads me to believe there are none atm.

chriszuma

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Also having this issue with pattern unlock, no solution I can find.

Why would they change something so fundamental like this, making it clearly worse? Who the hell wants to swipe twice to unlock their phone? I'm very upset with Samsung right now.

mbielik24

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
On my Galaxy S6. Just updated to Marshmallow. I have pattern enabled for my lock screen but when i turn my phone on i have to swipe just to get to the pattern screen to unlock the phone. Any way to go back to what i had before the update where it is just a pattern to unlock and not a swipe to unlock the screen to get me to a second pattern lock screen to use my phone?!

fairbairn145

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Was researching this issue for my wife's S6. I have the LG G4 and the Marshmallow update is still annoying me.
Anyway, here's what I've found on other forums. Seems like it's an "added benefit" in order to prevent pocket dialing. There are three things to do to "remove" this feature - all of which are non-options for my wife, but maybe one of you will benefit.
1. Change your lock screen to swipe only
2. Employ fingerprint scanning and use that exclusively
3. Download another lock screen app/launcher (this requires a phone root to work properly and will knock out your ability to do things like Samsung pay/NFC payments and void warranties)
Maybe if everyone complains loudly enough, Samsung will allow you to change it. It IS quite annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.