Possible Marshmallow problem?

Parjus

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I've updated my Samsung S6 today to Android 6.0.1 and I've noticed the following problem, if I may call it so:
-there seems to be a problem with the internet connection, but unlike others I've read about. Let's say I connect to Facebook Messenger for the first time after connecting my wifi, the orange bar "Searching for Network" appears as it's normal for the first time. Then, I enter SoundCloud to listen to some music and I exit the app, but let the music play in the background. After a certain amount of time of around 1 minute, the music suddenly stops. When I entered SoundCloud to see what happened, it was acting as if it had lost connection to internet, although my wifi was still on. As soon as I entered, it started playing again.
Same thing happened with Facebook Messenger and with all apps that require internet access. It seems like they somehow stop being connected, although I have wife on or mobile data. The weird thing is that once I actually enter the app, it starts acting normal.
Is this because of the MM update? I've never experienced this problem before and I have a friend who updated his S6 to 6.0.1 a few days ago and he has never run into this kind of problem.
What am I to do? I've tried rebooting, wiping cache, resetting network settings, checked my router and firmware.

Quick Edit: I've just remembered that it happened in Lollipop too, but it started to happen after 1 hour or so, not after 1 minute and it wasn't that annoying.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are any power-saving modes on, either from the system or from 3rd party apps? Does this only happen on wi-fi, or also on mobile data? If it's only on wi-fi, is it on any wi-fi network, or only at home?

Parjus

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi! It's happening both on wi-fi and mobile data. Yes, I have the system's power saving mode on.
Later edit: I disabled the system's power saving mode and it's working normally now. How dumb of me not to read the warning, the power saving mode even says that some apps may not be in sync if they are not accessed for some time.

The 'problem' is solved. Thank you!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc