How do i disable dual lock screens? Swipe then pin.

Cburd

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
System update overnight. Now I have to swipe my screen AND then enter a pin. I don't want to swipe, I only want my pin to show up when I turn my screen on. Why do I have 2 "security lock screens?" I didn't have to before update. I've searched other forums and tried a few things and nothing works. Hoping this is fixable and not required after update.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I've seen other complaints about this, but this is pretty much how it is on "stock" Android on Nexus devices. It may be somewhat inconvenient, but it's meant to prevent accidental unlock attempts while the phone is in your pocket or bag. If the phone happens to turn on, and then there are unintended screen touches, the phone might interpret this as unsuccessful login attempts. Then, before you know it, you're locked out. I typically use Smart Lock or the fingerprint sensor on my phones, so this is almost never an issue for me.

althaf736

May 22, 2016
Visit site
step 1: Settings
step 2: Lock screen and security
step 3: Other security settings
step 4: Trust Agents ( Turn switch to the off position) on the Smart Lock google (switch)
walaaa done
Lock screen dual lock turned off
let me know if you win
i certainly have this one figured out.

redsoxfan26

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
step 4: Trust Agents ( Turn switch to the off position) on the Smart Lock google (switch)
walaaa done
let me know if you win

This does not work...

SDWolf

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the same same double lock screen problem. I found out tte problem on my Verizon S6 was due to a shady bloatware app, Peel Smart Remote. Once I disabled the app in the app manager, it went away.

PW_Irvine

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Turning off Trust Agent didn't work for me either. Also, when I attempt to disable Peel Remote in app manager it asks me if I want to replace this app with the "factory version" and my choices are "CANCEL" or "OK." Of course, I don't want the factory version, whatever that is, so I choose cancel, which then re-enables Peel Remote. Short of rooting the phone, is there any way to remove Peel Remote? And will removing Peel Remote really get rid of the double lock screen?

Emyork

Nov 21, 2017
Visit site
walaaa done
let me know if you win

All good until i got to Trust Agents which doesn't exist on my Galaxy s7

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech