Stupid Phone!!

c131frdave

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
Ok, yes, I'm frustrated. I've been searching the internet for solutions but can't find anything. Please help.

My wife's phone, a Galaxy S6, won't charge. When you plug it in, the battery icon appears with the lightning bolt in the middle, but it won't charge. I've used five different chargers, including two Samsung chargers, and nothing works. It obviously is making a connection or the icon wouldn't come up. I tried resetting in safe mode, but it still won't charge. Is my battery shot? It's only a year old! And why in God's name would Samsung seal the friggin case so you can't change the battery? That's moronic! I'm about to toss the dang thing in the garbage and go get something else. If it weren't for the fact that the wife LOVES the camera, I would have already... :(

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
That is the #1 reason I will no longer buy a Samsung phone. Unless they return with the replaceable battery. feel your problem is the battery or the port, either way that thing is going to need to be taken apart. Good news is that is probably a youtube video showing how to do it.

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Maybe try a factory reset. If your phone is under a year old, you should still be able to get it repaired under warranty. You should have thought about investing in phone protection from your carrier for times like this. Try wireless charging if all else fails. No one else seems to be having this problem, but good luck in fixing it.

Just TM

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Glad to hear you got it working. I also agree that a removable battery would be much better.
Also miss the sd slot

Last edited:

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I was having this same issue but not every night. It also wouldn't fast charge every time I plugged it in so I just upgraded to the s7 edge. I know not everyone can afford to do this so don't hate on me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11