Galaxy S6 asking for pin after reboot

A

AC Question

I own a Galaxy S6 Edge which has a fingerprint lock. I also have a back up password which I use when the fingerprint security is not working because of wet fingers or some other reason. This week the phone had the Marshmallow update and today I ran out of battery. When I put it on the charger and and started it up again, it told me to "enter PIN instead of using fingerprint recognition after restarting device to protect fingerprints". However, it shows a numeric path and not a keyboard, so I can't submit my code! I can't get in the phone. I have a Google account, not a Samsung account but after the Marshmallow update it is impossible to unlock the phone from my Google account.

Does anybody has a suggestion how I can submit my password so I can unlock the phone??

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If you're using a lock screen widget/app, it now stops the phone from using the fingerprint feature.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tina Gonzalez

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
There must be a glitch in Samsung s6 because my phone is doing the same thing... I have very important data I have to have so deleting my data with a stupid factory reset is not helpful... they need to fix these stupid phbnes

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I've seen this mentioned a few times before as well. One possible thing to try is to connect a USB keyboard via OTG cable, and see if it lets you enter an alphanumeric password (even though the onscreen keyboard is only a numberpad).

myandroidgs6

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
People .. That was what happened to me yesterday ..

I ran out solutions and finally had to call Verizon Tech suppport...:
They walked me through to renew the password form Google acct ,
You all should give them call before doing the factory reset .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz