s6 screen goes dark before I can do anything, now frozen

Melissa Cavanaugh

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Bad phone. Samsung Galaxy s6. Runs android.

It was fine last night. I think it may have done, or tried to do, a system update, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, it wanted me to enter the manual password, instead of accepting my fingerprints, but it would go to black before I could do anything. Then things got interesting. I came across a screen I hadn't seen before. It looked like coding, and I found instructions that went with it, but then it just went to the screen in the image.

The first part of the image is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark. The lower part is an android with x's for eyes. It won't shut down. I can't reset it (hard or soft.) I've searching around for support, trouble shooting, and similar issues on forums and whatnot. The closest match was for an iPhone, which gave me nothing.

If anyone knows what I can do, I could really use it. I can't sign in to any of the Google items because it requires confirmation code sent to my phone.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
install samsung smart switch on your pc
open smart switch and connect the phone to your pc via the usb cable
there is an option in the menus to do an emergency firmware recovery or something like this
it should work but if you do this it may delete everything you have on the phone right now

Melissa Cavanaugh

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
install samsung smart switch on your pc
open smart switch and connect the phone to your pc via the usb cable
there is an option in the menus to do an emergency firmware recovery or something like this
it should work but if you do this it may delete everything you have on the phone right now
Thank you for the info. I ended up having to do a factory reset. Now I get to start from scratch. :/