Marshmallow update, now lag/fade-on when turning on screen

jk85022

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I do not use any sort of security on my phone (No judgement, please! It's just the way I do things) My Galaxy S6 just got updated with Marshmallow and now when I turn on my screen by pushing the power button, there's a fade-on sort of effect instead of just popping on. (First-world problems, right?) I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that and I'm usually pretty good about figuring these things out. Thanks in advance for your help!

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
It's not a bug from android marshmallow ..
I think they did it purposely to ease your eyes when you turn it on in the dark ...:)

BoostHungry

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I also can't stand the new fade in. It takes way too long. My wife doesn't like it either. I really wish it was configurable, it should be twice as fast IMO.

Is this a Marshmallow feature or something specific to the GS6 with Marshmallow?

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I also can't stand the new fade in. It takes way too long. My wife doesn't like it either. I really wish it was configurable, it should be twice as fast IMO.

Is this a Marshmallow feature or something specific to the GS6 with Marshmallow?

Yes ,,, It's must be Marshmallow .. I never had it before the update

BrianP88

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Definitely a marshmallow thing. I find it super annoying too. You can go into developer options answer turn off all animations, but that makes the recent apps screen jumpy :(

danx55

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
hi guys.
I do actually like some of the fade effects, but I wonder if this makes the device seem a bit slower than I would expect at times for a oct core device 😕
cheers
Dan

Vrncbrk

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site

I don't like this feature either. My phone seems slower to start from when the screen is coming out of rest. Wish there was an option to disable it.

Yashoika

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
I do not use any sort of security on my phone (No judgement, please! It's just the way I do things) My Galaxy S6 just got updated with Marshmallow and now when I turn on my screen by pushing the power button, there's a fade-on sort of effect instead of just popping on. (First-world problems, right?) I can't figure out how to stop it from doing that and I'm usually pretty good about figuring these things out. Thanks in advance for your help!
This worked for me:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-unlock-any-way-disable-godawful-feature.html
Specifically turning off the Animator duration scale

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non