USB port failing, what's everyone's success with replacement device (Sprint user)?

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
So unfortunately I think my usb port is starting to go (one charger has to be plugged in just so for it to charge). Wanted to see if anyone has had any success with warranty replacements for this? Device is under a year old, 64GB S6 in Gold, my only question is, I use my phone every day for work, with Sprint will I have to go w/o a phone for a few days, will they issue me a replacement on spot, should I call Samsung?

What does everyone think? Either way I know this is going to be a pain to get fixed...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd call Sprint first and ask them if they're going to swap it out or have a new one shipped to you, etc. Do you have a device protection plan or insurance? Is that port covered by the warranty?

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the 'total equipment protection' and again like I said it's under a year old, I'd just hate to be without a phone for a week or some nonsense if I can avoid it. I'm sure it won't matter to them but I might tell them it's business critical I have a phone for work.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the 'total equipment protection' and again like I said it's under a year old, I'd just hate to be without a phone for a week or some nonsense if I can avoid it. I'm sure it won't matter to them but I might tell them it's business critical I have a phone for work.

With the total equipment protection plan, typically they'll have one shipped overnight to you and then you ship yours back once you activate the new one. If Sprint decides that they own the replacement, it'll be free, otherwise depending on the device and type of repair, there could be a deductible. The device you get will be either new or refurbished and they try to match the same model, etc. but sometimes they have to settle on a comparable model based on inventory.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I would heavily advise going thru Sprint.

I went thru Samsung over battery and camera issues, and the first time I sent it they sent it back because I only removed a fingerprint lock and not a lock best buy setup for me and the 2nd time I sent it back they lost it for 2 weeks.

I would say avoid Samsung's Texas repair center at all costs

Jimmy Le1

May 22, 2015
Visit site
So unfortunately I think my usb port is starting to go (one charger has to be plugged in just so for it to charge). Wanted to see if anyone has had any success with warranty replacements for this? Device is under a year old, 64GB S6 in Gold, my only question is, I use my phone every day for work, with Sprint will I have to go w/o a phone for a few days, will they issue me a replacement on spot, should I call Samsung?

What does everyone think? Either way I know this is going to be a pain to get fixed...

Since you bought the protection warranty ...
Bring it back to the store that you bought ..
They properly will swap it out with new one

Good Luck .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary