Notifications lost defaults sounds directory

flaflashr

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I cannot select any of the default (pre-installed) sounds for notifications or Alarm, etc. When I go to Settings | Sounds and Vibration | Notification Sound |, Default notification sound, it displays a directory of /storage/emulated/0/Download/openvpn which has files which I downloaded, but none are related to sounds. By clicking the back arrow, I can only get as far as the 0 directory.

Using ES File Explorer, I can get to where the files exist, under /system/media/auto/ringtones/ and see files there like A_Rustling_in_the_Trees.ogg or Morning_Flower.ogg .

This may have been caused by something I did when I connected a USB cable to my PC and downloaded files, but I have no idea what/when or how to undo it.

How can I coerce settings to allow me to navigate to the valid directory?

Thanks,
JimR

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I cannot select any of the default (pre-installed) sounds for notifications or Alarm, etc. When I go to Settings | Sounds and Vibration | Notification Sound |, Default notification sound, it displays a directory of /storage/emulated/0/Download/openvpn which has files which I downloaded, but none are related to sounds. By clicking the back arrow, I can only get as far as the 0 directory.

Using ES File Explorer, I can get to where the files exist, under /system/media/auto/ringtones/ and see files there like A_Rustling_in_the_Trees.ogg or Morning_Flower.ogg .

This may have been caused by something I did when I connected a USB cable to my PC and downloaded files, but I have no idea what/when or how to undo it.

How can I coerce settings to allow me to navigate to the valid directory?

Thanks,
JimR
I'm not sure why this is happening. Have you tried downloading a third-party ringtone/sound app that allows you to assign ringtones? That usually gives you more flexibility with assigning a ringtone and navigating to the directory of your choosing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance