Google Play Store won't allow me to download apps over Wi-Fi nor data

Austin Bautista

May 31, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've had my Galaxy 6 for almost a year now. It's been functioning perfectly fine. I've recently started using Google Play Music, and this was when it all began. For some reason, I couldn't download any more music for offline use; music that I didn't download never would show up. They would only show up if I was using data. The same applies to the Google Play Store. I was unable to download apps using Wi-Fi, but I could using data. I thought this was tedious, but I was able to live with it. I switched to Spotify, and the same thing occurred the day after I purchased premium (So I'm really frustrated right now) . I have factory reseted my phone multiple times, but for some reason Google Play Store now refuses to download using both my Wi-Fi and data, and I'm really confused. My wi-fi is perfectly fine; I'm using it right now on my laptop to type this, and even wifi works on Google Chrome, etc. using my phone. So I have no idea what's wrong and hopefully you can help. Thanks!

Austin Bautista

May 31, 2015
Visit site
when you have wifi on do you switch data off? have you tried on a different wifi?

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yes the data is off, so I'm just using wifi. I have tried using Spotify and the Play Store on different wifis and they work! I have no idea what's going on, I'm guessing it has to do with our wifi itself, but I still don't understand why everything else works on my wifi but those two.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
must be something to do with your wifi then.
try changing settings like wifi channel, wifi password, encryption type, disable ipv6, etc.
try one at the time and see what works for you.
also forget the wifi network on the phone and connect again after you make the changes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22