AT&T S6 issue while on a phone call

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
My girlfriend is having an issue with her S6 while she is on a phone call. Ever so often while she is on a phone call her S6 makes a sound that sounds exactly like she is holding down a number key on her keypad. But the problem is her number keypad is not even up. This has been going on for a while and happens like every 5 to 10 minutes while she is on a phone call. Has anyone else experienced this issue with their AT&T S6 or on any other carrier? Any help would be appreciated

Posted Via The AT&T Note 5

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And she's sure the caller on the other end isn't doing this? Maybe the other person is accidentally touching their keypad with their face, if their proximity sensor isn't working correctly.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
And she's sure the caller on the other end isn't doing this? Maybe the other person is accidentally touching their keypad with their face, if their proximity sensor isn't working correctly.

No she is positive the other person isn't doing it. It does it on every phone call and whoever she is talking to.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Is she using a headset, either wired or Bluetooth?

Nope no headset or Bluetooth? It's basically a DTMF tone. I read in another thread that some turned off the Enhanced LTE setting for the AT&T version and it fixed it for some but not for others. I turned that setting off for her so we will see if it fixes it. But any other suggestions would be helpful

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Well ever since I turned off the Enhanced 4G LTE setting on my girlfriend's AT&T S6 she hasn't heard any DTMF tones at all while she is on the phone. It used to happen on every single phone call. But still that's only a temporary fix because she should be able to have that setting on with no issues.

I have owned the Note 3, 4 and now 5 and I never had that issue with that setting on. Hopefully whenever AT&T releases the MM update for her phone that the issue will be fixed.

Posted via the AT&T Note 5

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I had this issue on both mine and my wife's s6, had to turn off enhanced LTE and haven't had the problem since

It's weird because I never had this issue with my previous AT&T Note 4 and my current Note 5 with the setting on. It has only been an issue on my girlfriend's S6 but it's fixed now with the Enhanced 4G LTE setting off. Honestly we shouldn't have to turn that setting off for the phone to work correctly while on a phone call.

I will just notified AT&T of the issue maybe if enough people report they will work on a fix for it.

omegadivine

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Enhanced calling allows the phone to make all the calls on LTE so they will be VOIP calls if she is in a bad coverage area it could cause some weird issues, shutting it off forces the phone to make phone calls on UMTS instead, could always be an issue with a cell site that she is on when she is calling.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Enhanced calling allows the phone to make all the calls on LTE so they will be VOIP calls if she is in a bad coverage area it could cause some weird issues, shutting it off forces the phone to make phone calls on UMTS instead, could always be an issue with a cell site that she is on when she is calling.

I don't think it's a issue with the cell site because it would happen wherever she made the call and we always have great service wherever we are. It never happened on my Note 4 or 5 with the setting on. All I can do is report it to AT&T and see what they have to say.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE