Why is my Galaxy S6 not working in Hong Kong?

A

AC Question

Why is Galaxy s6 not working in hong kong

My phone is Verizon which comes unlocked and I was able to use it in China with China Unicom. However I am in Hong Kong now and I tried putting the SIM card (network carrier is 3) and somehow it is not working. I was able to receive texts and calls but no internet. The SIM card Internet works since it was tested by the sellers on their phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is Galaxy s6 not working in hong kong

You may have to get in contact with Verizon. What does the phone say when you put the SIM in? Ensure to put the SIM in and then restart the phone right away to see if that helps.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
3 in Hong Kong uses 1800/2600 MHz for data. (See the listing at this link for the 920V for 3G and 4G - your phone should get them both. Go back to the 3 store and ask them if they have any ideas. (And don't ignore the cellphone stores in the hotels - some of those people really know what they're doing - if you want to peruse a couple of hundred feet of 5 foot wide stores on every floor on the northwest shore of the island, or even the two hotels at the end of the Star Ferry dock.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463