galaxy s6 battery drain

ryanp2011

May 9, 2016
Visit site
I have a galaxy s6. I recently got it wet which ruined the screen. I replaced the screen but had horrible battery drain even while the phone was off, so I replaced the battery but that did not fix it. What could be causing this? The board definitely got wet, I let it dry and cleaned it up best I could, overall the phone works fine except for the battery draining issue.

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a galaxy s6. I recently got it wet which ruined the screen. I replaced the screen but had horrible battery drain even while the phone was off, so I replaced the battery but that did not fix it. What could be causing this?

Did you trip the colour panels under the battery to show there was water damage? You may have got some water on the board that is causing the issue

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
The board did get wet. Everything seems to work fine other than the battery issue.

Well my money is on the board, causing an issue with the battery.
Could be completely wrong and just an app. Have you checked battery usage? If so what does it show is eating your battery?
Have you wiped the cache partition

ryanp2011

May 9, 2016
Visit site
It doesn't show anything to be using the battery and i havewiped the partition. I'm assuming it's something with the board I just don't know what would cause it.