Why Do Some Videos Have No Audio?

GatoCat

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I use my S6 to record videos for a YouTube channel. In merging and editing for the latest, I discovered that 16 videos, all together in chronological order, have no audio. These were all recorded on April 26th. Then 24 videos have audio; they start on April 26th and span a period until April 28th. Then, still on April 28th, there are 17 with no audio. Finally, still on April 28th, there are five with audio. I did not change any settings on either the phone or the camera app itself.

In my video editor, Cyberlink PowerDirector 14, the video and audio display on separate lines in the timeline. When I load these videos into it, nothing appears on the audio line; not even a straight line indicating zero volume.

I have loved the S6 camera until now and seen no need to buy a different one, but this situation has probably ruined the fourth and final video in a series. I would greatly appreciate some guidance with this.

It occurs to me that the phone recently updated its OS software. That possibly may be a factor.