samsung s6 sim overheating

niagarawine

May 14, 2016
Visit site
So I own a second hand samsung s6 I sent it for warranty repairs cause when a sim card id inserted i feel it heating up in that area .. and apparently the warranty is void its been rooted .. would the rooting cause the sim to overheat .. I feel it's something else , its just weird iy only heats the case up where the sim is?

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Rooting adds a file to the phone that's used by rooted apps, not by normal apps, like the launcher. But since it's been rooted, Samsung won't touch it.

niagarawine

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I never did it I bought the device .like it it works fine ..untill a sim card is put into the device the glass starts to heat up where the sim card is and Hot .. I sent it for repair cause its under warranty apparently they put Beyond Economical repair and wrote it has warranty failure rooted device

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How is the cell signal where you are? If the signal is poor, the phone will often heat up as it struggles to maintain the signal.

niagarawine

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Cell signal fine .. I use the phone without the chip like a tablet charges and works perfect I put a sim card in and I feel iy heating up so hot in the first minute of it being in there and only above the sim card area and had to have the sim replaced cause it shorted it out .. im just going to say its the motherboard or maybe liquid in it .. but the water indicators are white in the sim slot

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a proper new nano sim or a cut-down micro sim? If it is a cut down it may create a short circuit.....

niagarawine

May 14, 2016
Visit site
Im just dumb founded samshng wrote phone is BER and then it wrote knox failed rooted device .. warranty failed so they wont even tell me whats wrong to pay to fix it

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Could you contact your carrier and ask them for a nano SIM?

When I switched from a phone that used a micro SIM to one that used a nano SIM, I just went to an AT&T store and they gave me a nano SIM free of charge.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
its possible it was a bad / liquid damage device as the OP says he got it second hand.
So maybe it had issues with the cellular chip and thus over heats when his sim is installed.
Could be an antenna issue as well but with out knowing for sure what happened prior to him owning it were guessing at what it could be.

niagarawine

May 14, 2016
Visit site
So sansung returned my phone with the back off so they did me a favour of opening it lol left it partially undone I unscrewed front and seen motherboard it has bit of moldy white in corner so cleaned it with rubbing alchol seems to work ok now but very slow think a chip is fried it must have got a little water damage in top corner ...