Emoji button gone and can't copy and paste

Mrefc

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Up until yesterday my s6 was fine. Now randomly I can't copy or paste text or Web links and my emoji button has gone from my keyboard. Can't find any solutions on Google.

Can anybody help me without doing a factory reset?

Thanks

Lalalaa

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Up until yesterday my s6 was fine. Now randomly I can't copy or paste text or Web links and my emoji button has gone from my keyboard. Can't find any solutions on Google.

Can anybody help me without doing a factory reset?

Thanks

I have the same problem!!!! PLEASE HELP!

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem!!!! PLEASE HELP!

First I would simply try clearing the cache in storage. Go to your settings, scroll down to storage and click, scroll to cache and click. When pop up asks delete? Click yes.

If that doesn't work, then you can try to wipe the cache partition. That's more involved but it won't wipe your phone like a factory reset will.

To wipe cache partition, turn your phone off. Then hold down volume up and home button and then power button. When the screen comes up release the power button, but continue holding home and volume up until the recovery screen appears. There you will see an option to wipe cache partition. Choose it with power button. Then wait... It can take a few minutes to 25 of 30 minutes to complete.

Wiping cache partition is involved, but it doesn't wipe everything from your phone like a factory reset does and it fixes a multitude of problems.

(and thanks again to Lucianus_Luciferius for helping me find cache partition wipe on the S6)

RICARDO AGUILAR3

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
First I would simply try clearing the cache in storage. Go to your settings, scroll down to storage and click, scroll to cache and click. When pop up asks delete? Click yes.

If that doesn't work, then you can try to wipe the cache partition. That's more involved but it won't wipe your phone like a factory reset will.

To wipe cache partition, turn your phone off. Then hold down volume up and home button and then power button. When the screen comes up release the power button, but continue holding home and volume up until the recovery screen appears. There you will see an option to wipe cache partition. Choose it with power button. Then wait... It can take a few minutes to 25 of 30 minutes to complete.

Wiping cache partition is involved, but it doesn't wipe everything from your phone like a factory reset does and it fixes a multitude of problems.

(and thanks again to Lucianus_Luciferius for helping me find cache partition wipe on the S6)

I tried both things and still it doesn't work, any more suggestions?

luna_chan

Jan 28, 2017
Visit site
I found one that works. When you go into an application that uses your keyboard (text message,) hold down the mic button and you will get a list of options. One with a setting button and a few others. I could not find my emoji button pages, so i looked up a few options, about what others did.
My samsung is a Galaxy J3 (2016).