HELP Please!!!! Black screen of death

fingy76

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi all, really hoping someone can help please.

I have had my s6 on vodafone contract for around 3 months and yesterday the screen went black, and touch screen was unresponsive. I have looked at various threads advising to press volume key, power and home buttons, and doing that got the touch screen working, but the screen is still black. I didn't even get to the boot screen as I hoped I might.

Desperate to get this working as I have a number of photos of my newborn grandson that I don't want to lose.

If it's not possible to fix, would I be covered by samsung? Unfortunately I defaulted on my contract with vodafone so have been disconnected, so cannot contact them :-(

Appreciate any help please, thank you x

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry regarding your Galaxy S6. You got two issues here , the first one is the black screen.
1) Press and hold the power button. At the screen you must see a Power Off option , press that. If nothing happens when you press and hold the power button let's go to step 2.
2) At the same time press and hold Power Button>Home Button>Up Volume Button. You must see the Android Logo Figure and then a list of options, go for the Factory Data Reset option and then press the Yes option. If nothing happens at the phone screen you must take your phone to Vodafone and see what kind of fix to this issue they offer you.

The second issue is the photos. If you back-up your photos in one of the many clouds, DropBox, Google Photos, Google Drive, Box, Mega etc. Your photos are safe. If your S6 is fixed just download your cloud. If your S6 die, the next Android phone you get can bring back your photos in case that you back-up them in one of the many clouds. Well I hope that your S6 can work good again. Good afternoon.

fingy76

Jun 12, 2016
Visit site
I cannot see anything on the screen doing step 1 or 2 :-( As the phone is around 3 months old I wonder if samsung will help as must be under warranty