What's a good dust proof case?

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've been using lifeproof fre over the past 8 months but the battery charger port cover broke (this is my second lifeproof case with the same problem). I work in mining industry and i need a case that's gonna protect my phone from dust and water (it doesn't have to be waterproof but some limited protection would be handy). I also want a case that's gonna look good and be of good quality.

Do you guys have any suggestions? So far i came across spigen ultra hybrid fx but i haven't seen it in person so a bit hard to make an opinion but it looks alright.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I doubt they could make them any uglier.

Well, beauty is as beauty does. The Otterbox Defender has flaps that cover the headphone jack and data/charging port and comes with a Gorilla Glass screen protector.

True story: My oldest son works as an inventory manager at a large automotive salvage yard. He goes through wrecked cars to determine which parts are valuable and he finds all sorts of interesting things: phones, laptops, tablets, a Glock magazine with ten .45 ACP rounds, and one day he told me he found a Samsung Galaxy phone in the debris of a totaled car. The case was pretty torn up and he originally thought the phone’s screen was broken but after pulling off the pieces of the case he discovered that it was just the screen protector that was shattered. The phone, other than being slightly dusty from bouncing around in the car with a cracked case, was fine. After he told me about this I asked him if he knew what kind of case was on the phone. His answer: “Otterbox”. I ordered one for my Moto X (2013) the next day.

If you want pretty they come in pink.:D

lukazi

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Well, beauty is as beauty does. The Otterbox Defender has flaps that cover the headphone jack and data/charging port and comes with a Gorilla Glass screen protector.

True story: My oldest son works as an inventory manager at a large automotive salvage yard. He goes through wrecked cars to determine which parts are valuable and he finds all sorts of interesting things: phones, laptops, tablets, a Glock magazine with ten .45 ACP rounds, and one day he told me he found a Samsung Galaxy phone in the debris of a totaled car. The case was pretty torn up and he originally thought the phone’s screen was broken but after pulling off the pieces of the case he discovered that it was just the screen protector that was shattered. The phone, other than being slightly dusty from bouncing around in the car with a cracked case, was fine. After he told me about this I asked him if he knew what kind of case was on the phone. His answer: “Otterbox”. I ordered one for my Moto X (2013) the next day.

If you want pretty they come in pink.:D
Haha pretty damn impressive! Thanks for the share.