I started getting this message on my phone every 2min:

Unfortunately, Weather has stopped.

Does anyone know how to fix this.
Thank you for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to the App Manager, select Weather, and Clear Cache/Clear Data.

FG2016

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,
Thank yo for your help, it worked but just for an hour after that it continue showing the same message.
Any other suggestions? Thanks,

FG2016

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Yes, is the stock weather app, when it tries to update (every 30 min,1 hr, etc) it send the message "Unfortunately, Weather has stopped"
I wiped the cache partition, but it didn't work.

Screenshot_20160621-082932 (002).jpg

Last edited:

FG2016

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I deleted all the apps, and the error is gone.
I am not sure wich app was causing it but now is gone.
Thank you for your help.

Cyberrose1965

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
From Day One, I've used a different weather app than the stock one that came with the S6 Edge. I just started receiving this error message several months ago and it was driving me insane! I tried everything except the factory reset, but nothing seemed to work. Then, I decided to go into the Weather app to see if I could uninstall it or disable it. In doing so, I found a fix that works:

1) In Settings, scroll down and select Applications to access the Default Applications screen.
2) Scroll down and select the Weather app.
3) Select Refresh and set it to None.

I haven't seen that error message since I did this, so I'm calling it a win! I hope it's a good solution for others, as well.

mark_grant50000

Mar 22, 2017
Visit site
I started getting this message on my phone every 2min:

Unfortunately, Weather has stopped.

Does anyone know how to fix this.
Thank you for your help.

Settings> applications> applications manager> more(top right corner)> show system apps> scroll down to weather app (there would be two apps)> delete/ clear cache for both. Should be good after that.

Alan Ward

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Similar issue happened to me. An app crashed and refused to let me choose to exit the application so I restarted the device. When it booted back up all the settings were reset and the themes I had were changed back to default. I also got the error, "weather app stopped" or "weather keeps stopping". The solution to end the stopping was to go settings>Applications>Show System Apps>weather>force stop>storage>Clear data & Clear cache. It is important that you are clearing the app "Weather" and not "Weather Forecast". To fix the screen scaling I just changed the performance options by going to settings>Device Maintenance>Performance Mode> Then I switched it from optimized to game then back to optimized.

I also read somewhere that if clearing the cache doesnt work, make sure you don't have a weather widget on your home screen before you clear it.

I am on a Galaxy S7 Edge running Android 7.0
Hope this helps someone.