Whats the S6 like to live with?

j4ffa

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
So il be getting a s6 in the next week and im wondering what are they like to live with??

How long does the battery normally last?
Is the wireless charger worth getting as i do like the sound of it. which chargers faster or chargers better?
What case do people prefer to use.

Anymore info like that would be ace il be going from a S3 to S6 so the extra performance would be ace.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
S6 is a great phone overall but battery life was a bit meh. Wireless charging works but is much slower than the stock charger.

There are a lot of good cases, I like tech21 and speck,but for those on a lower budget then spigen or vrs is fine.

j4ffa

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
How bad would u say meh is normally i charge my s3 up at night use it during the day ie game playing and facebook and what not and about 16.00 it starts beebing saying i got 15-20% left but im normally home by then so not really fussed and cool will look them up.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I have a s6 other then the battery I really like it. I came from iPhone and was more out of need then want I got a Samsung but I am so freaking glad I did.

I have a AC outlet and tend to have a fast charger near by at work/home. Honestly get a battery pack for on the go and your laughing

Posted via the Android Central App

j4ffa

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Whats the fast charger?? As far as i know all that comes with the phone is the phone which is abit poor but suppose il live

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Everything about the phone is really good but the battery life. Luckily it has quick charge.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I bought my S6 when it first came out and it's been running great. I recently upgraded to Marshmallow and everything is running so smoothly I haven't had a need to upgrade to the S7. Battery life has been fine for my usage, as I work in an office environment 5 days a week and have a fairly strong cell signal. I also use a Moto 360 smart watch which hasn't affected the battery life of my S6 very much.

Tran Tho

May 14, 2016
Visit site
I bought my S6 when it first came out and it's been running great. I recently upgraded to Marshmallow and everything is running so smoothly I haven't had a need to upgrade to the S7. Battery life has been fine for my usage, as I work in an office environment 5 days a week and have a fairly strong cell signal. I also use a Moto 360 smart watch which hasn't affected the battery life of my S6 very much.
Did you buy it in April 2015? I planned to use it 2 or 3 years but not sure it will be still running smoothly until then.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Well i wont get a fast charger with the phone so its another thing i have to get.

I strongly recommend not using the fast charge option for any phone. When it works, it works great. But - there are too many reports of melted and burnt phones. What's your hurry? I'd suggest wireless charging though - don't risk loosening up your USB jack. With wireless chargers at home, work, and in the car it is real easy to toss it on the charger for touch up rather than using rapid charging.

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I strongly recommend not using the fast charge option for any phone. When it works, it works great. But - there are too many reports of melted and burnt phones. What's your hurry? I'd suggest wireless charging though - don't risk loosening up your USB jack. With wireless chargers at home, work, and in the car it is real easy to toss it on the charger for touch up rather than using rapid charging.

I don't like using the wireless charger because it heats up the phone so much and I heard that heat degrades the battery. Fast charging doesn't heat up my phone ever since I switched to the aukey quick charge 2.0 adapter so I definitely suggest using that instead of the quick charger that comes with the phone

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Plus wireless charging makes everyone and there mother decide.im the most important person. Call me silly. But constantly putting it down and picking it up seems like a bad idea

j4ffa

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Well i got the phone sooner my g/f surprised me yesterday with it and it turned out i did get a charger no idea if its the fast charger when i asked the guy he said it was just the phone nothing else so i just presumed it wouldnt come with anything but it did so win win now just waiting for a nano sim to turn up so i can use it

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Well i got the phone sooner my g/f surprised me yesterday with it and it turned out i did get a charger no idea if its the fast charger when i asked the guy he said it was just the phone nothing else so i just presumed it wouldnt come with anything but it did so win win now just waiting for a nano sim to turn up so i can use it

The charger is a odd T shaped white plug that says "fast charge" or something like that on it. If not no big loss I just like the quick charge personaly

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
When you plug it in it the phone will tell you if it's a fast charger or not. Forgot to mention that

Swipe down on your home screen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante