Heating issue

Canthre

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Hello! I have a problem with my new S6. It heats up very easily and quickly. I'm not surprised that games or movies heat the device up, but 15 minutes of Youtube, Tumblr app or even gallery browsing make the upper area rather hot. I installed the CPU-Z app and it showed that temperature on processor easily reaches around 60 degrees Celsius (and it's not hard to reach up to 70). My old Xperia M2 also heats after intense gaming, but at most it reaches 50 degrees.

My question is: should I contact the service? Or is it normal for this model? I've been warned that the qHD screen and 8 cores drain the battery etc so I'm not worried about this. The heating is irritating though. What should I do?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this while on wi-fi or mobile data? How is your cell signal strength?

Canthre

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
It's on mobile data mostly, I used wi-fi once or twice to download an app from Google Play. The signal is ok (LTE), at least half the signal bar, depends where I am.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure, install GSam Battery Monitor and see what kind of Cell Signal Strength it reports over time.

fixedepsilon

Jun 24, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same issue with the phone since I purchased it ~10 months ago...only really happens when I'm mobile data and it's fighting for signal. I've heard similar complaints from some of my buddies who also have the S6. To be fair, it doesn't happen very often for me (maybe once a month) because I'm typically on wifi between home work and college, but it is a little annoying sometimes to feel the surface of the sun in my pocket and see my battery drop tens of percents in a matter of minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca