Why can't I select text?

Skeletor_118

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
On my Galaxy S6, for some time, I haven't been able to use any text options (i.e. selecting text, copy, cut, paste, clipboard, etc.) in any app aside from Google Chrome. I have tried resetting my settings, but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to this? I am running on the latest Android OS, if it matters, and I believe it started after the update. I can't be sure, as it has been, I think, a few months since the issue began.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
On my Galaxy S6, for some time, I haven't been able to use any text options (i.e. selecting text, copy, cut, paste, clipboard, etc.) in any app aside from Google Chrome. I have tried resetting my settings, but to no avail. Does anyone have a solution to this? I am running on the latest Android OS, if it matters, and I believe it started after the update. I can't be sure, as it has been, I think, a few months since the issue began.

it could very well be an app causing the issue. You could take your S6 into Safe Mode and see if the problem still happens, if it does not, it's most likely an app causing the issue. And you would want to start removing apps one by one until you find the culprit.
If it's still happening after going into Safe Mode. Sometimes it's simply best to factory reset after a new OS install as sometimes it just doesn't work well.
Here's a link that tells you how to get into safe mode if you aren't familiar with it

How to use Samsung Galaxy S6 safe mode? - Galaxy S6 Guide

Cheers

Skeletor_118

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
it could very well be an app causing the issue. You could take your S6 into Safe Mode and see if the problem still happens, if it does not, it's most likely an app causing the issue. And you would want to start removing apps one by one until you find the culprit.
If it's still happening after going into Safe Mode. Sometimes it's simply best to factory reset after a new OS install as sometimes it just doesn't work well.
Here's a link that tells you how to get into safe mode if you aren't familiar with it

How to use Samsung Galaxy S6 safe mode? - Galaxy S6 Guide

Cheers

Great, so I restarted my phone is Safe Mode, and it still isn't doing it... Is there any easy way to back up my data before I do a factory reset? And maybe including my settings and customizations?

Last edited:

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Great, so I restarted my phone is Safe Mode, and it still isn't doing it... Is there any easy way to back up my data before I do a factory reset? And maybe including my settings and customizations?

Typically it's done via your gmail account as long as you selected to allow the backup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7