s6 Verizon update today

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues? Said security update but phone has worse signal now and we did a restart and it's doing the optimizing apps thing again?

Posted via the Android Central App

jaydee5799

Q&A Team
Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you let the optimizing finish completely. I got the security update last week and i have not noticed anything different. on G4

freeoscar

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded last night. It installed a handful of apps - cvs, ebay and a few games I've never heard of. I was able to Uninstall them, but that's slimy of them (not sure if it was a Samsung thing or a Verizon thing). I imagine others saw this as well?

Nechasin

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Upgraded last night. It installed a handful of apps - cvs, ebay and a few games I've never heard of. I was able to Uninstall them, but that's slimy of them (not sure if it was a Samsung thing or a Verizon thing). I imagine others saw this as well?

I upgraded yesterday too and I didn't have those apps installed before and I still don't have those apps. And yes I'm on Verizon also. So I'm not sure what installed them, but it wasn't the update

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
This update has been horrible for me... Phone was working great before this update. Now 50% of the phone calls are going straight to voice-mail.. The phone never rang... And I don't have a missed call.. It just goes straight to vm.

Then, I am unable to make a call and use internet/email/ etc(advanced calling is on) ... I get this message:

678bb3d6149456455029cfa70cfa18d9.jpg

*update*

Fixed- called verizon, they had me turn OFF advanced calling, reboot phone, then turn advanced calling back on. Working again. Just the reboot wouldn't work.. For whatever reason, the advanced calling had to be shut off before reboot.

Last edited:

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Another update....the verizon solution was only temporary.

This update has messed up my phone... Stupid phone will not do voice and data now after update. I'm having to manually switch off advanced calling, turn it back on, then it works for a short while... Then again nothing... I'm pissed

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Finally resolution! Been ongoing for 2 weeks now. They had me get a new sim card... Working perfectly again!

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Another update.. Sim card was working for a while. Now getting same message again.

Just did verizon/samsung software repair. This does a factory reset as well.

My S6 seems to be fixed ... For now. I will keep this updated.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams