Is WiFi calling messing up my Network calling?

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
(Searched for this ... no luck)

I have my Samsung Galaxy S6 set to WiFi calling. This activates when I am at work and when I am at home. I have recently experienced the inability to place a phone call after I leave my WiFi area. I call a number, I get the "active call" screen, then it immediately disconnects. I cannot call anyone until I restart my phone. Then, it works fine.

Is there some setting I need to change? I have only noticed this happening randomly within the last few weeks.

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
It should switch back. I have noted on mine that I'll leave the Wifi but 4G doesn't come back and rebooting restores data service. I rarely use voice so not sure if is the same thing you're seeing.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It has been switching back and forth just fine since I first set it up. I have only noticed this "glitch" in the last couple of weeks.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As I recall, many posters have recommended turning off "Network Smart Switch." And, I have always kept it turned off. However, I am wondering if turning it on will help solve my current problem.

Can anyone help? I don't want to have to restart my phone every time I leave my home or office.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I am just going to keep on posting my findings in my own thread just in case someone else has this problem ...

Turning on "Network Smart Switch" did NOT work. And, I was happy to get that turned off again.

It looks like I am going to have to turn off my WiFi calling until I get this worked out. So far, that has eliminated the problem, but I am continuing my testing.