Do Not Disturb/Priority Only Settings

ezrothschild

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I recently "upgraded" from a Moto X 2nd generation (broken screen) to a Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge, which got the Marshmallow update just a few days ago.

One of the biggest disappointments in switching phones is that Samsung doesn't seem to have included Android's updated sound status feature, with "Priority Only" and "Do Not Disturb" settings. On my Moto X, my phone would automatically go into "Do Not Disturb" or "Priority Only" when my calendar showed I was in a meeting. Now I need to remember to turn off the sound on my phone. Not the biggest deal in the world, all things considered, but a huge annoyance.

Is there a different way to do this? I've also looked for apps that would do it but can't find one.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung has the Google Calendar too. :-(

I'm pretty sure, based on my Tab S2, that it doesn't. The Samsung Calendar will show the events you had on your Moto Xs Google Calendar but as you have experienced it does not work the same. Go to the app store and see if you can download it.

ezrothschild

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure, based on my Tab S2, that it doesn't. The Samsung Calendar will show the events you had on your Moto Xs Google Calendar but as you have experienced it does not work the same. Go to the app store and see if you can download it.

Yup, it's the Google calendar. I had to update it but it still doesn't help.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I just did a test: I set up a calendar event on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 and it synced to the Google Calendar on my Moto X Pure Edition. When the time came for the "Event" my Moto X went into "Alarms only" but the Tab did not. So I guess it is a Moto thing.

ezrothschild

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I just looked at my Moto X-- under Sound & Notifications --> Do not disturb, there's an option to add "automatic rules". Here you can add a rule for Do Not Disturb to be turned on at various times or by event. Samsung doesn't have that.

I'm still curious why Samsung didn't implement the full new sound and notifications options that are included in Marshmallow. Why not give the user more ability to control and customize? Oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol