Recent Apps is always empty.

bilglas

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm using a Galaxy S6 ... Android version 6.0.1.

My "RECENT" button works exactly as it should, 99% of the time. But SOMETIMES, the only thing that appears on the screen is "No recently used apps." (And yes, apps HAVE been used.) Any idea why is this happening, and how can I fix it?

THANKS!

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have and what android version is it running? Are you using any third party app that includes this 'recent apps' feature?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm using a Galaxy S6 ... Android version 6.0.1.

Hello Bill! I noticed that you edited your post to add your phone model. I'll move this thread to the Galaxy S6 forum for more visibility.

Are you using any third party app that includes a 'recent apps' or similar feature?

bilglas

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm not aware of any apps that have a Recent Apps feature. The only Recent Apps feature I'm aware of is the one built into the system, accessed through the little icon to the left of the Home Key.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I just noticed the same thing on my AT&T Galaxy S6, save version. Haven't installed any new apps in quite a while.

Last update was a couple of weeks ago which was a security update. Though i just noticed this a couple of days ago.

Posted via the Android Central App

bilglas

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all responses ... as usual, glad it's not just me. And yes ... rebooting fixed mine, too. Obviously, ideal answer would be how to prevent this from happening, OR how to fix it without rebooting. But for now, "not just me" is good enough! :)

lordratner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Started yesterday. Rebooting brings it back, but eventually it happens again.

Not sure if it's related, but starting today, the camera and flash are out of sync. It snaps the shot just after the flash, resulting in a very dark picture. Seems too strange to be a coincidence.

Nexus 5X, no root, stock android.

marcorydah

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,
This happens also on my s7, it's Google now fault.
Next time it happens try to erase Google now all data from its options.
It fixes the problem without rebooting however it keeps happening.
The only thing I can say more this problem started when I erased Google play services data because it crashed too often.
Let me know if it works for you as well.
Marco

PS: check also this link:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/websearch/A7JWsN8I2kM

bilglas

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
This has happened to me maybe ten times in the last couple of months. I use OK Google CONSTANTLY. So, while it may be true that the problem is caused by OK Google, it is NOT true that every time you use OK Google, this problem occurs. Don't know if that contributed anything to the discussion.....

Grant Brady

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
This has happened to me maybe ten times in the last couple of months. I use OK Google CONSTANTLY. So, while it may be true that the problem is caused by OK Google, it is NOT true that every time you use OK Google, this problem occurs. Don't know if that contributed anything to the discussion.....

I think i narrowed it down, if you say ok google and it switches to that app for like sending a text message it will kill the recent, but if you just tell it to like play music it still works fine.

stmiranda

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Same experience. Haven't used Ok Google for three weeks and all was good until today. Used it once and poof, all recent apps gone. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar