S6 Circles around many of my app icons. Icon inside is smaller

A

AC Question

The icons for about half my apps are now smaller, and have a white circle around them. Seems to have been since marshmallow update. (What has me more concerned is that I can't find the answer on Google.)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It is the Google Now launcher, so many others must be experiencing this.

Welcome to the forums. Yeah, that's strange. Are you using any third party app like Awesome that can change individual icons?

I'll move your thread to the Galaxy S6 forum where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

chamblis

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
So when I went to Touchwiz, all of the apps are normal!

When I got back to Google Now, the circles return. Now here's something interesting. Some of the ones that had circles around them are slowly (day by day) returning to normal. That is, yesterday the phone app was in a circle, but today it has returned to normal. Others are still in circles.

So the circles represent something.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you tell us what that "CS Customiz..." app is? Just wondering if that has anything to do with this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ah, I see. Sorry--I was just having problems finding that on a Google search, and the way the icon looked, I wondered if it might be related.

This is pretty weird, because Google Now Launcher doesn't allow you to customize icons. Do you have any other launchers installed?

chamblis

Jul 29, 2016
Visit site
It's the Google now launcher that's doing it. I uninstalled it and all icons returned to normal. Went back to google now launcher, they all got small again. Aggravating

Cobra Stang 98

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
It's the Google now launcher that's doing it. I uninstalled it and all icons returned to normal. Went back to google now launcher, they all got small again. Aggravating

I noticed this recently also and could not find any info explaining the circles. After poking around on my phone I noticed that the app icons on my phone that were affected were recently updated. I don't know if that is the actual reason but will be checking over the next couple of days to see if the behavior is consistent but it appears to be so.