Outlook Contacts disappearing from Android contacts.

Echo3W

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Recently we have noticed that when adding a new contact from the stock android contact app it disappears after a few minutes, or hour or day. We are trying to create the contacts as Outlook contacts and not Phone contacts. When doing phone contacts I believe it saves and doesn't disappear. But we need to be able to save these as Outlook contacts.

So far I have checked in the Outlook Android App Settings > Account > Synced contacts is turned on. Also under Android Settings > accounts > Outlook >Account name > sync is turned on.

I'm not sure why adding a contact as an Outlook Contact make it disappear from the contacts list. Any help would be greatly apprectiated!

mbrooks78

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
open contacts app, go to more, settings, contacts to display and select all contacts

I am experiencing the same problem and have been for a month or two. This suggestion did not help. Even though I am selecting the right outlook account when saving a contact, It doesn't make it to my outlook account.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
it could be the contacts sync is disabled or the account is not set up properly. also it could be that you have disabled some permissions for the app or disabled other apps needed for sync or some of their permissions. it can also be that you have power saving on or you have restricted background data sync.

Savitu

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with my Galaxy S7 Edge. When I save contacts selecting my Outlook account they dissapear after some time... If I save them to my google account they remain on the phone but I work with Outlook so I need it to synch...

shupor

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
This just happened to me recently. I lost over half my outlook contacts miraculously. Thankfully I had most of them backed up to my gmail so it wasn't such a bother.

I use an LG V10

shupor

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Update: The contacts still appear on my outlook.live.com so it's definitely a sync issue . Deregistering the account and putting it back up should fix this.

Sir Hellride

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing the same problem and have been for a month or two. This suggestion did not help. Even though I am selecting the right outlook account when saving a contact, It doesn't make it to my outlook account.

I am having similar issues that when I update Outlook contacts on my phone they get restored to the old number, info etc.

I have a hard believe that the sync only occurs one way from the cloud to the phone but not syncing from phone to cloud

Need a break

Jan 11, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same issues for quite some time now. At first I thought it was a problem with my phone because I was having many issues with that phone. I then purchases a Galaxy 6 and I'm still having same problem. I have been told that it's because I have Messenger on my phone but deleting Messenger didn't solve the problem. Snyc my Google isn't the answer because I've noticed that sometimes my new smaller contact list has replaced my original Google list when I hadn't noticed I was missing anything so my 105 contacts have shrunk to 66 and I've noticed it's not always a complete contact this disappears. Sometimes it's pieces that go missing. So maybe one of multiple numbers or the email address disappears. So the 66 I have left aren't even complete or accurate contacts. Is it possible this is some sort of virus? I'm extremely frustrated by this.

jacosmitza

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I have a user that is experiencing the same issue. When he creates the contact in the Contact application by choosing to store the contact in the Outlook data/sync, it shows up immediately but the contact disappears after a while.

I am trying to replicate the issue on my mobile.

Lusay Alumino

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem; started about a month ago and seems to be getting worse. I have 2750 contacts and they all disappear, then reappear. They are fine in Outlook, but Office 365 contacts keep disappearing from Android phone.

Mirco Baumann

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi Everyone

Had the same problem, the set up of a separate Exchange Account only for the Contact Sync solved it:

https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/and...r-the-windows-guy-use-your-microsoft-accounts

As I use Android 7 there are two additions to the described solution above.
- As soon as you enter your mail adress you have to chose "manual setup" instead of just pushing the "next" button. If you use the "next" button it will automaticaly set up another Outlook account instead of an Exchange account.
- The server m.hotmail.com did not work in my case. I use eas.outlook.com instead.

Hope this works for you guys and girls too!

SethGlenn

Mar 24, 2017
Visit site
So I did this, and it worked, but only for a few hours. Then all my contacts disappeared again, meaning all my texts and calls reverted to not having contacts associated with them. Really frustrating. I've uninstalled Outlook and also deleted my outlook account from the phone, and re-entered it as exchange. refuses to import contacts, which almost ALL my current contacts are in outlook.

Mirco Baumann

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi SethGlenn

After initial syncing your contacts via outlook account, have you already tried to disabled the contact sync of this account and just let the exchange account sync for the contacts active? That worked for me and newly added contacts on the phone are kept and are also available on my Hotmail / Outlook account online.

Larrymccoy

Jul 28, 2017
Visit site
I had the same issues like 3 times but i finally get it fixed, I open outlook app on my phone go contact and all d contacts are intact both old and new, so i went to settings on the app and enable sync contact and it restore my contact list. Hopefull this help.

I use samsung Galaxy S6 Edge +

Sharman Davidand

Aug 31, 2017
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that the only real solution is to ditch Outlook. The Android version just isn' up to the job.
I have had phone numbers randomly removed or reverted from my contacts. But only the contacts with email addreses i.e. Outlook contacts. The contacts in the default Android app are all OK. But those can only have one number, ao it' a trade-off.
Or maybe just fond a different app that does the job properly...