tapping the Google mic doesn't have sound effect anymore?

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
when tapping on the Google mic or saying OK Google the mic used to make a little sound effect.... now it doesn't do that anymore and I don't know why... was that an update? it only vibrates now its driving me crazy :/

jvitti10

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung note 4 and have the same problem. I just finished reading the whole thread here and found out one of the things that worked was going into settings, accessability, lookout to on. I did get the sound back

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I recently deleted all google app data (I have no idea what deleted to be honest) and the sound effect came back... It's so crazy how much that sound NOT being there drove me nuts

h_hilden2004

Jan 19, 2016
Visit site
For the Google talk to text app boy was it ever driving me crazy cuz I'm super busy and I talk to text in the car without looking hands tied up I found the solution Google here's what you do. You go to the Google app on Play Store tap update for the Google app open up the Google app then top left tap menu settings Voice okay on the Google app 2nd Solution for those not seeing their microphone t go to settings manager scroll screen left to right until you reach disable tabs enable Google search exit and Miic will reappear if you're having trouble finding your mic on your phone I have Samsung Galaxy S6 & if you also have any or alot of background apps in background disabled return any pertinent apps back on so Google Voice an work properly.Also in the first solution to get your Google Voice back in Google app you have the ability to set which apps you want Google to use! Hope it helps!:)

Larry Klipstein

Oct 10, 2016
Visit site
when tapping on the Google mic or saying OK Google the mic used to make a little sound effect.... now it doesn't do that anymore and I don't know why... was that an update? it only vibrates now its driving me crazy :/

Same here. Just disappeared. Did before but came back. Any solutions from the " GOOGLE GODS" ???

Travis Mayes

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I hate that too it's driving me crazy too did you report that to Google

Travis Mayes

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Report that the Google send them an email under the app that's what they told me to do so I did it you should too thanks because it's driving me crazy that vibration I want them to fix it

trohunt00

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung note 4 and have the same problem. I just finished reading the whole thread here and found out one of the things that worked was going into settings, accessability, lookout to on. I did get the sound back

This worked! I don't know why but hellz yeah! Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:

mjr4281

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
The reason we don't have the audible 'ready' indication anymore is because Google is testing it without. They want users to be able say "Ok Google" followed by the command all in one breath, without the user having to pause for the beep. Although, it doesn't seem to be very popular at the moment. Had to do a little digging to find this out. I, personally, want the beep back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz