Is the Samsung Galaxy S6 still a very good phone?? I am getting one!!

ShaunAFC3

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I am getting a Samsung Galaxy S6 the 32GB storage option and should be arrived tomorrow or on Tuesday and it will be my 1st proper smartphone and I am looking forward to getting it! :D :D

But I have got some worries about the S6 that I have heard on the internet by users in the comments section on the forums and tech blogs like Android Authority, Android Central. and there reviews that have the S6 phone, I have heard the battery life is very terrible/bad(will only get about 1/2 hours of screen on time) and that I have to recharge the battery a least 3/4 times a day and that the S6 gets hot and sometimes overheats even during very simple tasks like web browsing, video watching, listening to music and during heavy demanding tasks like gaming and content creation tasks like editing photos and videos.

Those are my worries about the S6 but I have some questions regarding those worries and the 32GB storage and the device itself.

1. How is the battery life like on screen on time? Can you get a least 3 hours on screen time?

2. How hot does the Samsung Galaxy S6 gets during tasks like web browsing(on wifi, not 4G), video watching, listening to music and playing games like Temple Run, Doodle Jump and more graphic intensive games like Gangster Vegas, Unkilled, Asphalt 8?? Will the S6 won't overheat??

3. When I run out of 32GB of storage and have no space left, What are the best cloud options for getting more storage space or is there any SD card adapters?? so I can expand the storage on my S6 because for bizarre reason Samsung have sadly removed the SD card options on there Galaxy S6 phones.

4. For those people who have(and had) the S6, What do you think about the S6?? Great?? Terrible??

5. Should I gotten the new Samsung Galaxy S7 instead of the S6??

I really really hope that I have got a awesome phone that has not got terrible/bad battery life and gets hots during simple tasks like web browsing, video watching and listening to music!

Thanks in advance guys! :) :)

And if you are wondering "why did you not get the new and powerful Samsung Galaxy S7"??

Well I really wanted to get the new Samsung Galaxy S7 because it sounds like the perfect phone for me but sadly I can't really afford it(unless I get a job to pay for the S7 and keep it) so I have gone for the Galaxy S6 instead.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Since this is your first proper smartphone I would say that you made a good choice. I wouldn't worry too much about storage yet unless you are going to put your whole music library on your phone and it is an enormous library. Are you buying it new? Which carrier? Here is a tip for you. Look up Package Disabler Pro in the Play store. It is awesome for disabling Bloatware on Samsung smartphones

SophiaPetrillo

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
I get at least 3 hours of screen on time, sometimes 4 or more hours. The phone doesn't get too hot, maybe a little bit warm. I've only had heat issues while using the phone when I'm sitting in a really hot and sunny area. For additional storage, I use Google Drive and Google Photos to backup my photos. Dropbox is another option, but Google Drive gives you more storage if you're not paying for it. There are external methods of storage, but I haven't used them. Overall, I think the phone is great. It's fairly snappy and you should be tied over for several years. The S7 is an improvement marginally, and the expandable storage and improved battery are the only large differences. Otherwise, they're essentially the same and the S6 is still a great choice.

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
The Galaxy S6 in my opinion is better than the S7 and I think its honestly (besides battery life) the best smartphone out right now.

I get around 3 hours or SoT but my battery is a little over a year old, when I first got it I was getting over 4 hours

The camera (imho) is better than the S7 cause of the 16:9 ratio, I hate black bars on pics when looking at them from my phone screen

32gb is plenty of storage but if you do run out use Google photos for images and something like drop box for files, I don't store music/videos in the cloud so if you have over 32gb of music/videos I don't know what to tell you lol

The only thing I like about the S7 is the bigger battery, I like my phones sleek profile and look and the camera bump does not bother me and the water proofing made the speaker more quite on the S7. The home button is more square is on the S7 too which I don't like and the sides are more round where my s6 has flat sides... just my personal likes AMD dislikes

the phone hasn't gotten hot for me honestly (or what I would consider hot)

Does it get warm? yes. When charging or when converting a movie from mov to mp4 but other than that not much for me. I don't play too much games so I don't know about that

The S6 is an amazing phone (my personal favorite phone ever) you should be more than happy with it.

Just make sure you update it so the ram will let you multi task and download a theme if you don't like the stock look it comes with and may I recommend "Chrooma" keyboard because I hate Samsung's keyboard.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
You always hear the worst on the Internet and the forums because that is where people go to get help for issues and to complain. Seldom do people go on the forums to say, "hey, my phone is great and I'm having no issues!" lol
I also think that early birds who get a new device the minute it comes out have more problems because all the software kinks haven't been worked out yet sometimes.
I got my S6 last December and it has been a great phone. I haven't had any major issues, just some of the usual occasional minor bugs that all smartphones have sometimes. Very minor ones....this has been one of the best phones I've had, I'll have to say, and I've had a lot of them.
Are you getting new or used? That can make a difference depending on the previous owner of a used phone and how well they took care of it. But the S6 is a good phone. The battery life is not great but not as bad as you've heard, by a long shot. I get through the work day just fine and only have to charge early evening if I'm doing a lot of on screen time. Normally I charge wirelessly overnight and that's all I need. But the fast charge is really rapid in the S6 so if you need a top off in the afternoon it doesn't take long at all! It's an enjoyable little phone, I've loved it!

coldfilter

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I have an S7 before I had an S6! In many respects I think the S6 is the better phone. The reason I changed was because of the expandable storage . if they really released the S6 with a slot for an SD card I would return back to it in a heartbeat

justnivek

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I have an S7 before I had an S6! In many respects I think the S6 is the better phone. The reason I changed was because of the expandable storage . if they really released the S6 with a slot for an SD card I would return back to it in a heartbeat

May I ask what makes the S6 a better phone? I think so too but I'd like to hear someone else's opinion aswell