Android System & Android IOS Draining My Battery (70% combined total) - Please help!!

betsybetc

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

About a week and a half ago I purchased a Galaxy S6. Battery life has been less than stellar but lately has been awful. I looked at my recent battery usage and 38% is attributable to Android System, and 29% is attributed to the Android OS, and 11% attributed to the screen.

To my knowledge, I don't have anything running in the background on the phone, and have disabled a few applications that I do not use (think google-related, Samsung Milk). Is there a big application that I should be disabling but haven't?

I am desperate for my new phone to work... When I am charging it and using it, the battery doesn't gain a charge.. things are grim.

I am not a super technical person but would really appreciate anyone's help or advice.

Thanks in advance!

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Try disabling the Facebook app from Settings / Applications. Try installing the GSAM app and see if it gives you any more info. Also, try booting the phone in safe mode and see if it still guzzles power.

betsybetc

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I'd already uninstalled Facebook. I downloaded GSAM and it was also reporting high IOS usage - when I clicked on Manage it did not list any additional details. I will try the safemode suggestion now...

betsybetc

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
Just an update in the event anyone has a similar issue... noneeds of the suggestions I found or were told helped... then out of desperation I had to turn on ultra power saving mode for a while.. when I turned it off (and back onto regular power saving mode) my battery stopped draining so quickly. Not sure what turning UPSM on and off did, but it seems to have fixed the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca