S6 Battery Life?

usamausf410

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I am not using S6. However, I heard that it is the perfect device although. I will just let you know some my suggestions to make battery stop from draining fast.
1) Disable unused system apps like Google One Time Init, Live Wallpapers, Cloud Print and some other bloatwares.
2) If your device is rooted, then install Greenify app and hibernate apps running in background. If not rooted then follow 4th step.
3) Just let your battery reaches 0%, then charge it without interruptions while Powered Off.
4) Use security app like 360 Security and kill background apps after 4-6 hours.
5) Use Dark Theme and Lowest Brightness. If you are outside, then you can adjust so that you can easily access your device.
6) Use Night Mode Apps during Night-use. Do not use Bluelight filter, as this also can drain battery fast. Just use blue-transparent sheet and tape it temporary (if your eyesight is weak/if you deserve it).
7) Charge it after usage.
8) Be Relax all time! ;)

Hope that works.

BrutalhonestyM

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
What is your experience with S6 battery life? I'm currently at 60% with 1 hour and 30 minutes SOT, does that seem about right?
Thanks.

I also own the S6 and I had noticed that the battery drains quite quickly so here are a few steps that I took to boost its battery life. You can put the brightness in the middle or even less.
1. Go to settings > smart manager > then clear the RAM. This ends all the applications that are running in the background.
2. Make sure you are using the original Samsung fast charger, this makes a huge difference to the battery life of the device.
3. I would not advise you to download a lot of third party cleaning apps, I downloaded 360 security, although it offered a few benefits regarding clearing space, I do not think it is suitable for boosting battery life, as the 360 security app always runs in the background and even covers your lock screen.
4. Also never let your battery run out to 0% as you are doing more damage to the battery. With the S6, if the battery reaches 0% the device reboots and this can further affect your battery. You need to have at least 1-5% prior to charging it. Also make sure you charge it fully to 100% as irregular charging can affect the battery.
5. You can also turn automatic sync off
6. Go to settings > application manager > disable apps you don't use frequently
7. Slide the quick settings down and select Power Saving and Ultra Power Saving Mode
8. You can also get a battery case that charges your device
9. When you are connected to data, turn off wifi and vice versa
10. Turn off Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, Location when not in use

If this doesn't work, please let me know

Matthew 3

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
Firstly, thanks for the reply. Most of these things I already do, like avoid those boost apps(useless), never let the battery reach 0%, the smart manager app I use often, sync is off, I disable apps, bluetooth and nfc etc is always off (they have never been on also). What sort of SOT do you get?

dollface

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I am using the S6 and overnight off of charge after about 8-9 I am at about 85-90% left. I do not turn off wifi if using data as I don't think that offers any battery savings. I leave on GPS all the time but as I don't use Bluetooth and NFC I have those switched off. If you press the button on the lower left of the phone you can close all open apps, no need to go thru Settings.

MHBlink8

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I've had the S6 since launch and it seems like over the past 2 months or so the battery life has gotten terrible. I take it off the charger at 5:30am and it's down to 20% by noon. I get about 8-9 hours off the charger. I used to get around 12, but I suppose that is to be expected for an almost 2 year old device.

levjaskulski

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
https://nexpaq.com/product/phonepaq-iphone/https://i-blades.com/samsung-phone-cases/samsung-galaxy-s6-battery-life-memory-case/Even with all the precautions, I am still in the need of an extra battery life. I am not complaining, the situation is good, yet I am quite a power user. I think that getting a powerbank or even better, a power case is the solution. I hope that I speak for the majority because why a good phone if not used to the maximum :)
I was looking at these options.
Nexpaq and
I-blades.
I like the I-blades more because I don't have to keep the module attached at all times and there is bigger battery capacity
Any opinions?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay