Pervasive problems with S6 acting up (description in post)

DroidMudkip

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hello kind people,

I have some problems with my Samsung S6 unit with Android version 5.1.1 that I cannot seem to find a solution to.

Phone is bought from a reputated IT retailer in Denmark. It is sold as new, but you never know.
The mentioned problems have been there from day one.

Problems that I have with my phone:

Keyboard partly disappearing, when I switch to symbols or emoticons. I have to press the backbutton, then, if I'm lucky, it comes back in full.

System apps randomly closing. Always with the message "Unfortunately 'app' has closed. System apps, such as the touch wizard and system UI are closing randomly as well. Sometimes the entire phone switches off, the restarts and coming to the home screen without me having to enter my access code.

Firefox closing all the time, especially when scrolling. It seems like it tries to scroll over a massive page. I have seen parts of a webpage out of screen flashing over the part that I'm on. Like, a picture I know is at the bottom of a page flashing shortly over the screen, even if I have scrolled to the upper part of that web page.

Google Play always closing, when I download an app. The app is downloading correctly 90% of the time though.

Things that I tried, which left problems unchanged:

Wiping appcaches via Application Manager.
Wiping cache via the storage function.
Wiping the phone to factory settings, both hard and soft reset.
Rooting the device via AnyRoot.
Getting a professional to flash a new TelenorROM on it (via AnyRoot).

Any ideas, what could be wrong?
Can it be a hardware problem?

(Phone is now of course without warranty due to root & flash)

-DroidMudkip

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello kind people,

I have some problems with my Samsung S6 unit with Android version 5.1.1 that I cannot seem to find a solution to.

Phone is bought from a reputated IT retailer in Denmark. It is sold as new, but you never know.
The mentioned problems have been there from day one.

Problems that I have with my phone:

Keyboard partly disappearing, when I switch to symbols or emoticons. I have to press the backbutton, then, if I'm lucky, it comes back in full.

System apps randomly closing. Always with the message "Unfortunately 'app' has closed. System apps, such as the touch wizard and system UI are closing randomly as well. Sometimes the entire phone switches off, the restarts and coming to the home screen without me having to enter my access code.

Firefox closing all the time, especially when scrolling. It seems like it tries to scroll over a massive page. I have seen parts of a webpage out of screen flashing over the part that I'm on. Like, a picture I know is at the bottom of a page flashing shortly over the screen, even if I have scrolled to the upper part of that web page.

Google Play always closing, when I download an app. The app is downloading correctly 90% of the time though.

Things that I tried, which left problems unchanged:

Wiping appcaches via Application Manager.
Wiping cache via the storage function.
Wiping the phone to factory settings, both hard and soft reset.
Rooting the device via AnyRoot.
Getting a professional to flash a new TelenorROM on it (via AnyRoot).

Any ideas, what could be wrong?
Can it be a hardware problem?

(Phone is now of course without warranty due to root & flash)

-DroidMudkip

You should be able to flash it to stock and unroot it and still have warranty.
But after everything you have done, it's pointing at hardware by the sounds of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech