Bluetooth handsfree problem

Daidzie

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
I have a galaxy s6 which I've had for over a year. When I connect my phone to my bluetooth car radio, it connects flawlessly and plays media no problem. But when I make or receive a call, the radio goes into phone mode but there is no sound. I can't hear them and they can't hear me. I have tried all the cache wipes and have done safe mode tests and even done a factory reset through the phone and the recovery with still no fix. Has anyone had or know of this problem and how to fix it as I have gave up. Many thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth specifies how to connect two devices - but there's not yet a specification for what data is handled, what format it has to be in or how it's handled. We'll get there eventually (it took years to be able to send an MMS from one carrier to another), but we're not there yet. For now, you get what you get, when it comes to Bluetooth.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't sound like your radio software supports phone operations, it only acts as an external speaker as it were. There are many Bluetooth hands free kits on the market...

Daidzie

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
It does as it use to work then stopped working. Also tried it in my friends new range rover and have the same issue. Tried it on a few motors. Still no joy. I think it was after an ota update about a year ago.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
You have to be actually connected to the car and then setting for that one particular device will be there in my car...

Daidzie

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
It has been connected properly to the car as it worked before but now it doesn't. And I'm good with tech. I know how it all works. There is no other settings to be made when connecting your phone to your car other than making sure the the call and media boxes are ticked in the bluetooth settings in the phone. Al just take it to samsung to get sorted under warranty as its annoyed me for long enough and no one else seems to have had the problem and I have tried everything apart from rooting the phone.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
since you say you are good with tech, take this suggestion with a grain of salt just in case you haven't tried it. Clear all the BT connections out of the car and your phone, and start from scratch. Don't scream if you have already done this.

Daidzie

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Its not just my car. Its every handsfree kit. Disny work in my car, my mates new vogue and merc sprinter. And the parrot handsfree kit in my vw caddy work van. Bluetooth media works flawlessly. When i call out or get a call in. The radio rings telling me am getting a call but when I answer using the radio or my phone. There is no noise and they cant hear me and I cant hear them although the call is active.