Why does my Samsung S6 keep turning off when i open Snapchat ?

MaQz

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. I have had it for about 10 months now.

I noticed that every time I open Snapchat my phone turns off. It has only recently started in the last 2 weeks. Sometimes Snapchat works fine but sometimes it just turns off for no reason. I can't understand why.

I have tried clearing my cache and have also tried uninstalling the app then reinstalling. Neither has worked.

When Snapchat turns my phone off and i turn the phone back on, the battery has been zapped to almost half of what it was when the phone turned off. One time the phone was at 42% then turned off due to Snapchat and I turned it back on then it restarted itself again and the battery went down to 9% in a matter of minutes

Does anyone have a fix to this ?

I have a feeling it could be the battery but since the S6 has inbuilt battery I can't really change that and why change the battery for one app. I do leave my phone on charge overnight which probably has been killing the battery.

Anybody got any fix for this ? I find it really annoying trying to snap something and my phone just turns off and zaps my battery. I did notice when i charge my phone Snapchat works fine. It only turns off when its not on charge..

ideas ?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. I have had it for about 10 months now.

I noticed that every time I open Snapchat my phone turns off. It has only recently started in the last 2 weeks. Sometimes Snapchat works fine but sometimes it just turns off for no reason. I can't understand why.

I have tried clearing my cache and have also tried uninstalling the app then reinstalling. Neither has worked.

When Snapchat turns my phone off and i turn the phone back on, the battery has been zapped to almost half of what it was when the phone turned off. One time the phone was at 42% then turned off due to Snapchat and I turned it back on then it restarted itself again and the battery went down to 9% in a matter of minutes

Does anyone have a fix to this ?

I have a feeling it could be the battery but since the S6 has inbuilt battery I can't really change that and why change the battery for one app. I do leave my phone on charge overnight which probably has been killing the battery.

Anybody got any fix for this ? I find it really annoying trying to snap something and my phone just turns off and zaps my battery. I did notice when i charge my phone Snapchat works fine. It only turns off when its not on charge..

ideas ?

If Snapchat is the only app it's happening with, then I would guess it's the issue not the phone. It could another app running as well with snapchat causing the issue as well. but you are best to contact Snapchat support at fill them in on the issue to see if they have had other users with the same experiences

beri

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue on my S7E and I tried everything you did over a few months period. I eventually ended up factory resetting and that fixed whatever the issue was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21