Dropped s6, lost all data??!?!

hmsd

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site
Hi Guys, so I've been pretty unlucky over the last few years with having 2 laptops consecutively become corrupt and losing years of data :(. I recently bought an s6 which I dropped earlier today. The front is completely shattered. When I tried to turn it on there was a blinking blue to light blue light (the screen was also lighting up randomly, by that I mean that the section that had a crack flash all white and other weird colours).

I've searched the forums and done the usual volume down, power button tactics etc but this had not effect on the phone, it still continued with the pulsing blue light. I'm really concerned now that I've lost all my data from the fall.

I've tried plugging it into my computer to connect to Samsung kies but it just takes ages to recognise it. I tried the same with smart switch and it said failed to connect after a very long time. When attempting these it was not blinking blue as it stopped this after 10min, it was just on a red light from being plugged into the computer. I also tried directly plugging it into the computer without using an 3rd party software and it picked up the s6 but only as a modem.

I guess I have two questions, firstly is there anyway I can backup the data or any other techniques I can use to get to it. I've basically migrated the last few years of my life on to my phone after computers failed me! Secondly do you think replacing the LCD screen will fix this (I'm assuming it's a fault with the lcd screen). Really appreciate any help on this, and yes I did do searching before I posted :).