WIFI got crazy

Liors

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,

For the past few days, my Galaxy s6 WIFI got crazy.

When I switch it on, it scan for networks, find some and the network it knows and connect to it.
but than, it keep scanning all the time.
meaning, all other networks are gone and I can see only the network that it connected to, after 2-3 sec it start to scan again while still connected.
showing 2-3 networks around, and than stop scanning and all of the networks are gone again (except the one it connected to), and after 2-3 sec, all over again.

In addition, if I try to switch it off, it looks like I can't - it keeps start and stop scanning all the time in a loop. like on and off, on and off - and in addition its killing my battery.

The only thing I managed to do is, when I clicked to switch it off, a sec before it got crazy there was a line there so I clicked on it and turned off the option of
letting apps to search for WIFI automatically.
This solve the switch off and on issue - so when I switch to off, its stays off.
I don't know how to get back to this screen (of letting or not to apps to search for WIFI) tough.

The first problem that it keeps scanning when on even if connected to a network - still can't find a solution for it.
I found someone with the same issue on a local forum, he did a factory reset and couldn't located the problem.

Can someone advise?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, try a cache partition wipe to see if that fixes the issue: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095

If not, then go to Settings>Location>Improve Accuracy, and make sure wi-fi scanning is off. (On some phones, this can be found in Settings>Wi-fi, then tapping More>Advanced.)

The option for automatically searching for wi-fi might also be in the More>Advanced menu of ​Settings>Wi-fi.

Liors

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Thanks.

I removed the automatically search for wifi - this like i wrote stopped the wifi from starting when i close it.

but still, when it is on and connected - it's keep searching for new networks.
is it normal?

I will try to wipe cache later - what is the effect of this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Wiping the cache partition only removes temporary system data -- no personal data will be lost.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01