Calendar

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How is the person sending or sharing the event? Are they using Google Calendar, and using the Add Guests option (on the Google Calendar desktop website) or the Invite People option (in the Google Calendar app)? Are they inviting you by using the email address that's linked to your phone's Google account?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this only happen with event invites sent from that S5, or does it also happen with invites sent from other phones?

Floral

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
My husband and I try to enter all appointments in our calendars on cell phone.
Had problems when we both had S5's.
Now I have a S6 & problem still exists This happens when he sends me a calendar invite via his Google calendar to both my email addresses & neither do I receive the invite in my emails or in my calendars.
I can send fine to him.
I have checked his settings continuously & all seems fine.
HELP.
We rely on this info so as not to double booked ourselves.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok -- so does it only happen with invites from his account? What if he sends you an invite from a different device (like a computer, or if he were to log into someone else's device temporarily)? I'm trying to determine if it's an issue with your husband's Google account, or the device he's using.

Floral

Nov 29, 2016
Visit site
all is great when sent from his laptop.
invite goes into my calendars & I receive the email to accept to my laptop calendar.
what needs to be fixed on his S5 phone for all this to be corrected?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't clear on this before -- is your husband using the stock Calendar app from Samsung, or the actual Google Calendar app, when creating an event and adding guest invitations? If he's using the stock Samsung app, have him install the Google Calendar app from the Play Store and give that a try.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm a bit stumped by this. Go to Google Calendar on the desktop browser, click the gear icon at the upper right, then Settings. What is "Automatically add invitations to my calendar" set to?

As a workaround, have you considered sharing each other's entire calendars with each other? You can then toggle your husband's calendar on and off easily from within your Calendar app. This is what my wife and I do -- if I have to check for conflicts, I simply toggle her calendar on briefly, review the events she's scheduled, then toggle it back off again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77