Please help me: my samsung s6 screen turned blue then black

joeelhawary

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the Samsung galaxy s6, i got it at after the release immediately. I'm a clumsy guy and over the year and a half that i owned this phone i would drop countless times and it always came out as a champ and would be perfectly fine until one day i noticed there was a small patch area with blue on it so i thought it was a glitch so I turned off my phone. after about an hour or the entire screen was a light purple blueish colour and it was starting to spread. So I decided to go to fix it at a local mobile place and they fixed it for about the equivalent to 200 USD and everything was fine for a week. Until it happened again, same thing a small blue-purple area and then it spread. I feel like i was ripped off, because i told the guy that i had this phone for about a year an half and never experienced this issue and then all of a sudden after you fixed it it happens again after a week. He said that i dropped and he pointed to a small scratch on the screen and blamed it for the issue.
Since fixing the phone it only dropped once which was off my desk to the rug and i am pretty sure that after such a small hit like that the problem would happen again. Please help me because i feel that something is not right with the guy that i fixed it at.

I appreciate your time

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's how a screen typically looks when it fails -- I believe it's due to an internal leak of the LCD crystals. This could certainly happen from trauma, but sometimes it's spontaneous, perhaps due to a hardware defect. The repair shop presumably replaced your screen, but it'll be difficult to determine if the screen they used was defective, or if that one drop was enough to cause more damage. I'm afraid you'll just have to get the screen replaced again.

Considering how often the phone drops, I would strongly recommend a good case in the future!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC