Apps like Google Maps over Bluetooth

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Still looking for a solution that will send apps such as Google Maps over BT in my car.

Phone calls work fine over BT
Google Maps will even come through my car speakers when i'm on a call

Worked just fine in the same car with my iPhone

S6 with Verizon - stock and fully updated
Nissan Altima '08

Thanks in advance
Rick

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Still looking for a solution that will send apps such as Google Maps over BT in my car.

Phone calls work fine over BT
Google Maps will even come through my car speakers when i'm on a call

Worked just fine in the same car with my iPhone

S6 with Verizon - stock and fully updated
Nissan Altima '08

Thanks in advance
Rick

Are you trying to get the Google Maps audio notification when Bluetooth audio is not selected on the stereo?

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I dont' have a BT audio setting on my stereo that I know of.

Looking to get really any app to play over BT even Pandora, Podcast... The only way I can do it now is to plug in an Aux cable.

With my iPhone, if I started Waze, Pandora, Google Maps, Podcast... they would automatically play over the cars BT. No such luck with Android so far

Rick

toy4rick

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, no such setting for my car.

I have googled it, read the manual... no luck

With my iPhone, if I was listening to music and waze or google maps would report a turn or.... it would mute the radio and announce, then music would resume. Not so with my Android

Help please

Rick

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
the iphonies are using a tricky work around to stream media over a ghost phone call for cases when the Bluetooth device does not support Media audio.
anyway...
if your car does not have an option to select the Bluetooth as source for the audio then it will not work. it just means your car only supports calling over Bluetooth not media audio.
you can check this on your phone like this.
connect the phone to your car's bluetooth then on your phone go to settings, bluetooth, then tap on the gear icon next to your car's connection name and see if there is an entry named Media audio.
if it's there try to switch it on but from what you are saying i bet it's not there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835