S6 black screen solid blue light, screen flashes green right side when try restart please read and h

DBOI27

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I have just received an samsung galaxy s6 with a black screen and solid blue led, when it's turned on the blue led comes on and stays on but I don't feel it vibrate but I hear the camera make a noise but I have tried everything possible, using all reset button combinations and so on but no luck, the only thing that happens is up the right hand side of the screen flashes very quickly green and seems to fade half way across the screen as the rest is just black! The phone doesn't seem to turn off either, taken it apart checked all connectors and cables but can't see anything wrong, alot of wear and tear on the back of the lcd and a rip in the red heat proof section, I'm starting to lean towards heat damage but I'm unsure as I've never come across this before and I thought the phone would of still worked even with the screen been black but the solid blue light and the fact restart doesn't work make me think something more serious is damaged.

Any input would be great as I'm really stuck and don't wanna buy a new screen if it's not the screen that broken (I have a video of the screen flashing green on one side if anyone needs to see it)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the phone from? I'm not sure what you mean by "received." Did you buy this phone brand new or used from somewhere? Did someone give it to you knowing that it was broken, and you're seeing if you can salvage it?

It really sounds like a major hardware failure -- I'd guess the motherboard. The best way to figure out would be to take it to a repair shop.

When you have a chance, head over to the Intros forum and tell us something about yourself! Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

DBOI27

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
It was given to me to salvage, so it could be the motherboard, what exactly could I be looking at and how much do motherboard repairs cost?

DBOI27

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where did you get the phone from? I'm not sure what you mean by "received." Did you buy this phone brand new or used from somewhere? Did someone give it to you knowing that it was broken, and you're seeing if you can salvage it?

It really sounds like a major hardware failure -- I'd guess the motherboard. The best way to figure out would be to take it to a repair shop.

When you have a chance, head over to the Intros forum and tell us something about yourself! Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Quick update I have found what looks like glue that seems to of run from a component and is covering a few other components, I have a picture to show but no idea how to put it on here, either way the black component is black and the size of my little finger nail and the substance is clear, would this cause problems?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech