Wiping cache

Gunitd

Feb 10, 2017
Visit site
also at the top of the screen it says Android recovery with the phone ID and then says no or yes should I select any of those options

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. That is an excessive amount of time. You can long press the home and power button to simulate a battery pull.

Gary_Berg

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
It sounds to me like you chose to erase the device and it's waiting for you to confirm that. I don't think you want to confirm that if you wanted to only erase the cache.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds to me like you chose to erase the device and it's waiting for you to confirm that. I don't think you want to confirm that if you wanted to only erase the cache.

I believe @Gary_Berg is correct. It sounds like you selected Wipe Cache Partition, but after that, you still have to confirm that you want to do it. (It used to be that you didn't have to confirm for wipe cache.) So as long as you're sure you selected to wipe the cache (and not wipe data), go ahead and say Yes, and then wait for the cache to wipe. Once it's done, the options will reappear, and you can select Reboot System Now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret