My s6 battery is not good anymore

scarchelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Battery got worse lately. Not sure what is making it drain so fast. Lately, I get about 2 hours sot. When I got this replacement for my lost s6 a few months ago, I got 4 hours sot. Not sure what app I got since then that may have changed things. Gsam shows Android System ay 9.4%, the highest, then Kernal at 5.2% and System at 3.0% . Do things like twitter in gsam at 0.4% really matter? Seems like such a small % wouldn't matter.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Clear cache is good idea. I'm currently using my Pixel XL, still got my S6. Try to stop continuously sync at your e-mail app, this help a lot at my S6.

scarchelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
In Accounts, I have Google syncing contacts and gmail. Gmail app itself has my gmail and my edu email. Also in Accounts is Pop3 for my edu. That is syncing for the gmail app too. I had an exchange account there also for my edu email which I deleted a few days ago.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Use GSam Battery Monitor to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

scarchelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Use GSam Battery Monitor to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.

Will do today. At 60% and am going to charge to full before I leave for the day later on.

scarchelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Started writing this post a minute ago at 39%. At 36% now. I remember my old s6 phone was like this before I lost it. It must be some rogue app or something no?

How do I add multiple screenshots to a single post via the android central app? All I see here is the gsam phone signal chart screen I added.

Attachments

• 1878.jpg
    1878.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 52

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the other screenshots I suggested? It looks like there are times you have pretty bad cell signal, which can drain battery. That graph shows that you've recharged the phone a couple of times, but not to 100%, so it makes the graph a little harder to interpret. Charge up to 100%, then use it all the way down to around 20-30%, then show us the screenshots I had suggested.

scarchelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
This is from 100% last night before bed around 9 pm. I have to leave soon, so I'll need to charge it before I go. It's at 36%.

Attachments

• 1892.jpg
    1892.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 23

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv