Galaxy S6 black screen with white cross and many more problems

A

AC Question

So about a week ago, my phone (Samsung Galaxy S6) was fine. But then strange problems started occurring. And this might be hard to explain, but I'll give it a go. So the first thing that I noticed was that my fast charger stock cable stopped fast charging. And then a few hours later, suddenly the screen starts flickering and a white cross appears in the right or left corner and a few seconds later, the screen is back. However I noticed that my phone stopped charging until it happened again. Basically it would switch from charging to not charging every time this happened. So I tried wiping my cache and the same problem occurred. I tried resetting my phone to factory settings and still I have the same problem. However now I can't charge my phone and it's dead. Also when trying to boot it in recovery mode it says "Installing updates..." for a few seconds and then it shows a blue background with a dead Android robot and a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and boots the manual recovery mode screen. Help is appreciated guys, my phone is only 5 months and I really don't want to buy a new one.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
In that recovery mode, ignore the dead bot, push volume up and you should get another strange screen that will allow you to wipe cache partition. Do that but be careful as you can also factory reset it in this menu!
Once you wipe,( it only takes a few seconds...) Reboot device.
If you still have the odd screen, wait till you get normal one, dial *#0*# to get to service menu, here you can check the hardware stuff like the screen... If it fails, take it to repair shop...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma