What is causing this second lock screen to appear when my S6 is charging?

A

AC Question

My phone has recently started popping up a secondary lock screen containing videos on top of the main one when charging. I had thought that Avast's charge booster had gotten turned on by mistake but it hadn't and looks different besides. (The Avast one has a purple background, actual information about the battery, and static ads; this one is a black background with a green battery icon in the upper left with two immediately visible video players and lots more if I scroll down. The videos are mixed subjects, some news, some movie trailers, etc.) I've gone through all my running apps and none of them contain the ChargeLockerService thing that various guides say to look for for that kind of thing and I do not use any of the common culprit apps so I'm not sure how to tell what is causing it. Avast and Malwarebytes both turn up clean scans. There is a settings cogwheel on the extra lock screen but the only thing that comes up when I tap it reads "not interested right now" and does the same thing as swiping to unlock it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You may have to uninstall apps one by one until that "feature" goes away. A number of apps do this kind of sneaky thing, usually to try to foist ads on you under the guise of offering an extra feature of a charging screen. Some apps that I recall do this kind of thing are Flash Keyboard, Z Camera, and ES File Explorer.

Sams6

Jan 23, 2017
Visit site
My phone has recently started popping up a secondary lock screen containing videos on top of the main one when charging. I had thought that Avast's charge booster had gotten turned on by mistake but it hadn't and looks different besides. (The Avast one has a purple background, actual information about the battery, and static ads; this one is a black background with a green battery icon in the upper left with two immediately visible video players and lots more if I scroll down. The videos are mixed subjects, some news, some movie trailers, etc.) I've gone through all my running apps and none of them contain the ChargeLockerService thing that various guides say to look for for that kind of thing and I do not use any of the common culprit apps so I'm not sure how to tell what is causing it. Avast and Malwarebytes both turn up clean scans. There is a settings cogwheel on the extra lock screen but the only thing that comes up when I tap it reads "not interested right now" and does the same thing as swiping to unlock it.

How strange! My Verizon Galaxy S6 has started doing this same exact thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance