Can I recover my S6 when factory reset won't work?

A

AC Question

Have a Galaxy S6. No problems or issues. Spend Monday travelling from WV to TX. Used phone in and out of airplane mode throughout the trip. Made calls, used apps, everything working fine. Arrive to my hotel, plug my phone in to charge and unpack. Around 30 minutes later, I look over to see my phone continuously rebooting. Google, frantically, and find this forum. There was no safe mode option on the advance boot menu. Wiping the cache did nothing. Factory reset did nothing. Phone continues to reboot. When I restart it from advance boot menu, it says android app update, goes through around 31 apps and then I get the dead little android man and a yellow triangle with an exclamation point. Reboot cycle continues. Samsung customer service has instructed me to send my phone in. It's not under warranty. Is this something that I can fix? I appreciate your help w this!

JClowNz

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I am in the same boat with a customer's phone. When she gave it to me, it was stuck in boot loop. Factory reset and wiped cache did nothing, in fact then it got stuck rebooting into recovery mode. Plugged it in to the computer and flashed stock to it and now it's stuck back in boot loop, but no errors in recovery mode now. Any ideas?

Awalls28

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
I am in the same boat with a customer's phone. When she gave it to me, it was stuck in boot loop. Factory reset and wiped cache did nothing, in fact then it got stuck rebooting into recovery mode. Plugged it in to the computer and flashed stock to it and now it's stuck back in boot loop, but no errors in recovery mode now. Any ideas?

I'm the OP. Not that it matters now but any idea what could've caused this to start? I had no system updates that day and hadn't downloaded any new apps that day. I didn't even access the plane WiFi on my phone.

JClowNz

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Not sure really, I have had 3-4 customers whose phone was stuck in boot loop in the past week. I believe an S6 Active, S6, LG G4, and a S7 Edge. I honestly thought it was because of an update.

Awalls28

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site
Lovely. :/ Any luck getting your customers fixed? I'm going to take mine to a local store before sending it to Samsung. Wonder if this is an issue they will take responsibility for; I can't imagine Samsung being reasonably priced!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol