Samsung S6 Nougat Conversation/Update Tracker

Jamie Stone4

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey there,

I'm sure more than a few of us are searching up the release date of Nougat for the Galaxy S6 at least weekly, so I've decided to put this together.

I personally would like to know, who's got it? Country? Network?

I know that in the UK, unlocked versions don't have it for some odd reason. I'm aware that Vodafone already have the update, might sway my buying decision next year. Any recommend Vodafone?

Some dates are saying the 1st of May but I won't trust anything since I was told it was rolling out since March.

zunaer

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Hey there,

I'm sure more than a few of us are searching up the release date of Nougat for the Galaxy S6 at least weekly, so I've decided to put this together.

I personally would like to know, who's got it? Country? Network?

I know that in the UK, unlocked versions don't have it for some odd reason. I'm aware that Vodafone already have the update, might sway my buying decision next year. Any recommend Vodafone?

Some dates are saying the 1st of May but I won't trust anything since I was told it was rolling out since March.

same nobody really knows anything when it will be released im still waiting with S6 update from EE

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on verizon, just got it. So far love it. I was all ready to pull the trigger on an S8+ until I got the update.

GoDonkeys

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 on Sprint in the US and got the notice on April 18 that it was available but didn't get a chance to download until the 22.
So far other than the app icons being a little different the only thing I've noticed is my wireless charger doesn't work and it seems to take quite a bit longer to charge when plugged in.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S6 on Sprint in the US and got the notice on April 18 that it was available but didn't get a chance to download until the 22.
So far other than the app icons being a little different the only thing I've noticed is my wireless charger doesn't work and it seems to take quite a bit longer to charge when plugged in.

I encountered​ this very issue. I unplugged my wireless charger for and hour, and reset my phone. After that everything worked as it should.

Jamie Stone4

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm hearing that the slowest networks to upgrade are updating faster than Samsung themselves. Apparently Vodafone always rolls out the updates first. Really surprised how Samsung manages the update under its already slow policy. Always assumed they would roll out to Unlocked versions first but it has been a month since network rollouts.

Some are thinking that UK networks are threatening/paying Samsung to not roll out to Unlocked versions until they are finished with testing so they don't get moaned at.

nsanders

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I am on Verizon, and I just received my update today. I was prepared for many of the changes because my husband had already gotten it on his S7.

All of the white backgrounds are pretty annoying, but I quickly fixed (most of) that with a theme.

My biggest complaint is the new format for messaging. It keeps sending me to my contacts page when I want to create a text message ... regardless if it is a new number or a contact. Before I could do it all directly from the messaging app. Then I have to tap on "compose." Seems repetitive since I already established that I want to write a text.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781