Edit: 6 hours, 18% use, as bad as ever. The phone actually told me to reenable play services otherwise maps won't work. I am mildly impressed. I reenabled. Disabling google play services didn't save any battery.

Sahin_UK, I didn't get better battery life on WiFi. However I also had mobile data on along with Wifi. Even when I turned off LTE (only allowed GSM) and the phone said I had no service, I had large battery drain. The only way to stop the battery drain is airplane mode.
    05-16-2017 08:28 AM
    Oh good, my contact list is empty. Apparently the phone thinks that I need to sync up with the empty contact list that it saved after I factory reset. Anyone know how to turn off syncing, backup and every other bit of networking crap?
    Edit: go to settings, accounts, google, and turn it all off. too late for my contacts though.
    05-16-2017 03:40 PM
    Ultra power saving mode? Nope, still chews 2 to 3% per hour depending on phase of the moon, weather or some other mysterious factor, not usage, not time of day, etc. The 112 hour estimated battery life for ultra power saving mode is a complete lie. Just more evidence of bugs in the OS.
    05-17-2017 01:04 PM
    After 11 hours, Device Idle is 10%, Android System is 9%. At 1% I have Cell standby, Android OS, Google Services, Screen, and Wi-Fi. But Wifi is off and has been off for a few days. Sprint forum "grand master" says take it into the Sprint store and have them reflash it. Not sure when I can get to a Sprint store.
    05-18-2017 02:52 PM
    I'm going to ignore the Sprint forum "grand master" and instead request that I get refreshed back to marshmallow. I don't need more superstition and assuming there is nothing wrong with nougat. I have read in this forum that I can flash marshmallow myself using Odin. Does anyone know if a Sprint store can reflash my phone back to marshmallow, or will I have to do that myself.
    05-22-2017 10:08 AM
    There was a system update. I downloaded, now it is installing... Installed. The software version says G920PVPS4DQE2 and G920PSPT4DQE2 Fully charged, disconnecting charger now...

Worse so far, at least 3% per hour idle drain. Device idle and Android System chewing up battery (i.e. a bug). I just wiped the cache and I am recharging.
    05-24-2017 09:39 AM
    I installed the GSAM app. It says held awake 2h14m and deep sleep 14m. Averages are doze time (light) 14h51m and doze time (deep) 38m20s App usage now down to 37% (started much higher). The app usage is all "combined". Like I have said above, it's not the apps since the same problem occurs in safe mode, "ultra" power saving mode with no apps and it happened after I factory reset before I installed any apps. The charts show medium phone signal and CPU freq bouncing around from 0.5 to 2.1 GHz.

On the regular battery screen the two highest uses are still Device idle and Android System. Android OS and Screen are 3rd and 4th but usually trivial.
    05-25-2017 10:54 AM
    4 hours, 13% drain using the Greenify app. I didn't expect improvement since Greenify supposedly just stops apps and running safe mode and "ultra" power saving mode without most apps made no difference. Highest usage again: Device idle and Android System.
    05-25-2017 06:12 PM
    I went in the Sprint store at 9AM this morning. The nice young woman took a look at the phone, commented on the worthless battery monitor apps. I agreed although GSAM is not completely worthless. She said they cannot flash the phone back to marshmallow nor reflash nougat. She also said she had an older android tablet that has the exact same problem (idle battery drain not related to any apps). She said we have to wait for an update from Samsung.
    05-27-2017 03:55 PM
    My battery life was amazing after the Nougat update. Then I downloaded & installed the update that included the May 1st security patch about 5 days ago. My phone froze a day after updating and just went black. It then got stuck in a bootloop for about an hour. After getting it back on the battery life is horrible!!! I backed up everything with Samsung Smart Switch & completely reset the device. Reinstalled Apps & Set up everything as it once was. And battery still sucks. They really need to fix this ASAP. My sot went from 3h 30m to 1h 30m if I'm lucky. I haven't changed my usage patterns or anything. This sucks big time.
    Today 02:20 PM
35 12